Trailer

EW Michael Rosenbaum turned down finale appearance as Lex Luthor


Lex Luthor’s latest scheme is perhaps his most villainous yet: Refusing to appear in the Smallville series finale.
EW has learned that actor Michael Rosenbaum has repeatedly rebuffed attempts by producers this season to get him back on The CW’s show to reprise his role as Luthor in the finale.
“He has put the show behind him and moved on,” says a knowledgeable source. “He’s pursuing his other creative outlet [writing]. By all indications, he is not going to be involved.”
The door still remains open for Rosenbaum to come on board, but it’s closing fast. Smallville wraps series production late next month, with only three episodes — including the two-hour finale — left to shoot.
Apart from seeing the Man of Steel finally put on the spandex suit and fly like he means it, a re-appearance by Rosenbaum is the top request by fans looking for creative closure in Smallville‘s final season. (Forget Waiting for Superman — for Smallville fans, it’s all about Waiting for Lex.)
Rosenbaum played Superman’s arch rival for seven seasons on the show and Smallville ends its epic 10-year run in May. Producers have publicly taken a “you’ll have to tune in to find out” stance when asked whether Rosenbaum will show up, all the while naturally hoping the actor will change his mind

Source EW

4 comentarios:

Even though I'm leaving an anonymous comment, believe me... He better show up fot the last episode - seriously, if Rosenbaum doesn't do this, I will never EVER rent / buy / go see / read ANYTHING he does or is ever in (other than Smallville re-runs) EVER!!!

I can't believe MR has refused to give fans one last appearance of his most recognizable role in his career: Lex Luthor. I'm very dissapointed with his decision, but in all fairness I also blame the producers for not doing all they can in their power to bring him back for at least the series finale. While MR is a very talented actor I will always remember him as that guy who played the best Lex Luthor ever but didn't care much about his fans by appearing for the final episode. It's going to be a "bad taste" in your mouth that will never go away. So I guess I won't watch anything else he does. I will be reminded of how he messed up the perfect finale for Smallville.

I loved MR in Smallville! I think he was the best Lex ever, including the Movies! I would love to see a return, but if he has moved on to bigger and better things it is his PROFESSIONAL DECISION! I have had to make Professional Decisions that made others unhappy, but that is growth. Congrats to MR on his short GHILD film and I plan to attend the opening! I am glad he isn't as "typecast" as many others. Love You Mike and Best Wishes! Perhaps it is money????? Maybe all the diehard fans should each contribute $100 and top off what Smallville is offering...But I don't think it is money. It is purely Professional! Bad for the fans, Perhaps!

That is ok information on him he must have other project that he is doing at this time but he will be well missed.